It is by Faith that you will triumph!
Hebrews 11.17-34. " By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure. By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come. By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff. By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones. By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment. By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward. By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them. By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned. By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days. By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace. And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens."
These passages of the Scriptures speak of faith, especially faith that works! We realize on these passages that these heroes that scriptures speak about them had in common something special active faith different of inoperative faith!
We note in these passages that nothing exceptional in our walk with God can not do without faith! It is through faith and yet by faith and especially by faith in Jesus Christ we shall overcome, we shall overcome, we will succeed, we will accomplish exploits " For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. (1 John 5.4). ".
The Working Faith
• We must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who seek him " But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11.6) "
• We must believe in the faithfulness of God to fulfill his promises. " God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19) "
• As these heroes of faith, our faith in God should encourage us to take concrete action in accordance with God's plan for us
• We need to be aware of one thing, it is our faith that pushes God in action! We must believe before seeing and not the opposite!
• We must believe in his promises even when all circumstances we seem to prove otherwise apparently
• The trials, oppositions, difficulties are elements that God use to test our faith in him. We need to turn them into opportunity by our perseverance and determination to stay focused on the vision!
• Our faith in God leads us to glorify Him in our thoughts, our words, our actions through good and bad times
• We need audacity, courage, divine instructions to make the actions it takes that will lead us to the realization of God's promises
• Our actions reflect our faith and our faith demonstrates our relationship with God
• We must grow in our relationship with God to grow in our faith
• We can grow in our relationship with God through meditation and obedience to his word, by a life of constant prayer
• Our faith must be centered on the Lord Jesus Christ who is the author and finisher of our faith. " Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12.2) "
At the end of this message, I encourage you to desire to grow in your relationship with God that will have a direct impact on the growth of your faith. True faith in God begins with our faith in Jesus Christ who died for us so that by the link of faith in him we are reconciled to God and possess eternal life. I invite you to make Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior. " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (John 3.16-19) "
Pst. DANY BAVOUA
• Confess your sins, turn away from all evil ways, asked the precious blood of Christ to cleanse you from all sin according to 1 John 1.9
• Invites the Lord Jesus Christ in your heart as your Lord and personal Savior with a prayer of faith, in doing it you will receive eternal life according to Romans 10.9-11
• Read, meditate and puts into practice the word of God in making it you will go deeper in your relationship with God and your faith will grow
• Get inspired by the message to other topics of prayer and pray as the Holy Spirit lead you