The Word of God, the Foundation of our faith
Matthew 7.24-27: "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. "
The Lord shows us through these passages the importance of practicing the word of God in the believer's life. It is the foundation, the foundation of our faith, depending on our ownership of the word of God; we will have faith in rock that can resist all forms of trials or sand that can be shaken by anyone any situation.
It is urgent to build his faith on rock and not on sand. We will show for the rest of the importance of the word of God in our lives and its various implications.
The importance of the word of God
• The word of God is the spiritual food of God for believers. It is the spiritual manna (free, not selling), it is the bread of life, the light of the world, the light of God to enlighten us. "Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, and withheldest not thy manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst. (Nehemiah 9.20)... Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (Psalm 119.105) ... And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. (John 6:35) "
• The Christian needs it for his spiritual growth and strengthening of faith. "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Matthew 4.4) ... Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: (Matthew 7.24) "
• Its impact in our life depends on the degree of its customization (Rhema), understanding and above all its Consistently applying our lives
• We can remain spiritual babies or become spiritual giants depending on the degree of ownership of the word of God in us. " For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. (Hebrews 5.12-14) ... As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: (1 Peter 2.2) "
• Our spiritual growth depends, in other words the type of word of God to which we are exposed, the quality of the messages we listen (Preaching, teaching, audio or video sermons). Messages may pollute, pollute our soul or just being slow poisons that will eventually destroy us. We must therefore pay attention to the type of message or teaching that we are listening! There despite having a form of godliness are distilled by the agents of the devil. "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17 ... Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. (Colossians 2.23). "
• Like a foundation of house, the foundation of our faith depends on the type of word to which we are exposed
• The practice of word is essential to our cardinal transformation or spiritual revolution. "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. (James 1.22-24) ... If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them. (John 13:17) "
How did the word of God transforms us for our growth?
• It positively affects our thoughts, reasoning, our belief system and values. " And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12.2) "
• Like a mirror, it exposes our weaknesses, gaps and works of darkness in us. " For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. (Psalm 36.9) ... For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (Jacques 1:23) ... If any man have ears to hear, let him hear. (Mark 4:23) "
• It affects our emotions, our feelings, our desires. " For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12) ... For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. (Philippians 2:13) ... Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. (Psalm 37.4) "
• It affects our choices, decisions, priorities. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Matthew 6:33) ... Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. (Matthew 22:37). "
• It affects our faith, we will keep faith in the trials. It increases our capital of confidence to the Lord. " Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. (Psalm 37.5) ... And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. (Daniel 11:32) "
How appropriate the word of God?
1. Understanding : The Holy -Esprit our best teacher. " When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. (Matthew 13:19) "
2. The reception in faith. " But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; 21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. (Matthew 13.20-21) "
3. The practice of the word even in trials. " He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. (Matthew 13:22)"
4.The meditation of the word and confession that carries us much fruit. "But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. (Matthew 13:23) "
At the end of this message, I encourage you to do the word of God the foundation of your life, it making you surely fulfill God's plan for you, you will build your life on a firm foundation, unshakable in any circumstances of life. Love it, meditate, practice it! "I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil. (Psalms 119,162)"
Pst. DANY BAVOUA
-Confess your sins, turn away from all evil, asks the precious blood of Jesus Christ to cleanse you from all sin according to 1 John 1.9
-Guest The Lord Jesus Christ in your heart as your Lord and Savior by faith prayer according to Romans 10.9-10
- Appropriate yourself with the Word of God every day of your lives according to the four principles of ownership contained in this message